Check Latest Price on Amazon.com »
Drop pounds (and your rivals!), get fast, put more power in your pedals, and gain know-how that will make even the hardest hills feel faster. Bicycling
fitness columnist Selene Yeager has experienced and enjoyed the transformative power of climbing-and she has made it much of her life's work to learn the secrets to riding uphill. In CLIMB!
, she shares not only her own hard-earned expertise but also wisdom and advice from exercise physiologists, cycling coaches, nutrition experts, and top amateur and professional climbers to help you:
• Build base fitness to prepare your body for hills
• Demystify the physics of climbing
• Boost your power-to-weight ratio
• Choose the proper gearing and cadence
• Fuel for (and recover from) long, hilly days on the bike
• Overcome negative self-talk
• Position yourself in and out of the saddle
• Strengthen your key climbing muscles off the bike
• Ride downhill with confidence
• And much more!
In addition to a wealth of real-world advice, workouts, and training plans, you'll also find tributes to the world's most iconic ascents-and inspiring stories from those who have scaled them. Whether you are a beginner or a seasoned rider, this entertaining, approachable guide will help you unleash your potential and find more joy in every ride.